Run-Time Error '6' Overflow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ICE
Participant

Run-Time Error '6' Overflow

Post by ICE »

Hi Guys,

Do u know the above error msg(Run-Time Error '6' Overflow)?
I have encountered the above error msg in one of my job which is running in schedule.Whenever I select that job from DS director or DS mgr,I got that error msg and the application was shutting down.Do u ever have such kindda problem before?
Could u pls suggest me what to do?
That job was called from the batch job.
When that error started,the job was running regularly and properly but never stop and cannot open to see the job.So I stopped the controller job and have to recreate the new job.

If u have any idea,pls let me know.
I tried to clear the locks using DS.Tools but I got the msg as "User keyword requires a user number" User#.
So May I know what this?

When I got the following msg
Ok:to clear the lock held by process 428?(N):
I typed "Y" then I got the above msg User Keyword requires .......
Help me pls.
What should I type there?

Thanks in advance,
ArndW
Participant

Re: Run-Time Error '6' Overflow

Post by ArndW »

ICE,

let us take things just one step at a time. You stated
ICE wrote:...Whenever I select that job from DS director or DS mgr,I got that error msg and the application was shutting down...
Does that mean you click on the job and your Windows client session fails? If yes, does it happen when you try it from another client PC, and does it happen only for this one job? Are you really on DataStage 4.x? Can you edit, save-as and recompile this job?
ICE
Participant

Re: Run-Time Error '6' Overflow

Post by ICE »

1.Does that mean you click on the job and your Windows client session fails?
Yes.It is.Whenever I click over that job the window client session fails.
2.If yes, does it happen when you try it from another client PC, and does it happen only for this one job?
Yes.I tried it from other PC but still the same.I cannot open that job(Only that job).
3.Are you really on DataStage 4.x?
Yes.It is on DataStage 4.1.
4.Can you edit, save-as and recompile this job?
Nope .I cannot open from the designer also.

Thanks,
ArndW wrote:ICE,

let us take things just one step at a time. You stated
ICE wrote:...Whenever I select that job from DS director or DS mgr,I got that error msg and the application was shutting down...
Does that mean you click on the job and your Windows client session fails? If yes, does it happen when you try it from another client PC, and does it happen only for this one job? Are you really on DataStage 4.x? Can you edit, save-as and recompile this job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is a Windows error, caused in the application software (DataStage client). You must report it as a bug to your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.