Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Ascential DeveloperNet sunsetting this month

Post by chulett »

In case people weren't aware or hadn't noticed it on their 'front page':
ADN wrote:THE ASCENTIAL DEVELOPERNET WEB SITE WILL BE SUNSET AT THE END OF JULY 2006. THE CONTENT OF THESE FORUMS WILL BE MIGRATED TO THE IBM DEVELOPERWORKS USER FORUMS. REGISTRATION TO IBM DEVELOPERWORKS IS FREE OF CHARGE. TO ENSURE UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO THESE FORUMS, PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE IBM DEVELOPERWORKS WEB SITE PRIOR TO JULY 31ST 2006. ON THAT DATE, THIS WEB SITE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT NEW POSTS, AND WILL REDIRECT ALL USERS TO DEVELOPERWORKS.

If you already have an IBM ID, you can proceed directly to developerWorks and sign in.

IBM developerWorks

If you do not yet have an IBM ID, developerWorks requires that you register first.

IBM Registration
A Public Service Announcement...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Hey, I just signed up for DeveloperWorks!!! I didn't have to use a serial number or anything. Does that mean that my former banishment from Ascential DeveloperNet is over? Yippeee! I can now see what I used to be able to see before I was kicked off! I win! I win! I win! I just had to wait long enough.

Sounds petty, doesn't it? :twisted:

Ahhh well.... :twisted:

I'll just have to enjoy it.... :twisted:
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Guess the banishee just needs to outlive the banishers. :wink:
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

kcbland wrote:Hey, I just signed up for DeveloperWorks!!! I didn't have to use a serial number or anything. Does that mean that my former banishment from Ascential DeveloperNet is over? Yippeee! I can now see what I used to be able to see before I was kicked off! I win! I win! I win! I just had to wait long enough.
Yes made easy :twisted:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm signed up now as well and can finally see the insides of DeveloperNet too, should I wish to. No more "yes, I use DataStage but don't have my own license... OK, I'll use an email address from my client's domain..."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There remain areas within DeveloperWorks that you will find you can not access without a maintenance licence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's about time. There is almost no WebSphere II content anywhere in Developerworks and this big forum dump will give it some a big kickstart. Now if only they started putting WebSphere II articles into Developerworks...
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

We can expect a lot more people signing up at dsxchange now. As this website is now the only website with 24/7 support.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok, it's dead Jim. Now, where in the heck can I find its new home on developerWorks? Somewhere in the Websphere forum arena? :?
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Vincent has already shot a blog on this. :D
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

On Tuesday I blogged about Developernet being unavailable and Developerworks not being ready yet. I actually got a blog comment from a US IBM employee when the forums were ready! It appeared at that point as though they had put it in the DB2 forums (which would have resulted in a very critical blog) but in fact it is being mirrored to both the DB2 and the WebSphere forum groups.

I doubt we will ever see the file upload area again. Developerworks don't really have an open upload area.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I guess we might be directed to use ibm.boulder.ftp....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I was aware of all that... just couldn't find the transplanted forums anywhere, even in the WebSphere area.

Today there's a link to them from the corpse of ADN:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/f ... forums.jsp

Doesn't seem like all the forums made the trip...
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yuck... quite a step down in editor functionality. :evil:
-craig

vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Yes, the developerworks forums are terrible. The interface is really, really bad. The search is poor and doesn't seem to work at all well and has no advanced search option. These are mirrored forums from real newsgroups so I assume there are newsgroup tools out there that we could use instead?