subroutine

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

subroutine

Post by somu_june »

Hi,
Can any one tell me how to craete a before job subroutine using basic functions for data cleansing. I need subroutine code for data cleansing.

Thanks,
Somaraju
somaraju
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Welcome aboard. Please post your questions in the relevant forums, the FAQ is not the right place for your question.

Please describe what you mean by data cleansing. Are you talking about an library of data quality information that is used by a process to inspect, validate, and repair data discrepancies? Or do you need profiling information gathered?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ramdev_srh
Participant

Re: subroutine

Post by ramdev_srh »

somu_june wrote:Hi,
Can any one tell me how to craete a before job subroutine using basic functions for data cleansing. I need subroutine code for data cleansing.

Thanks,
Somaraju

Hi ,
In job properties window you can mention before subroutine and after subroutine.

Pls correct me if it is a mistake.

Regards
ramdev
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: subroutine

Post by ray.wurlod »

somu_june wrote: Can any one tell me how to craete a before job subroutine using basic functions for data cleansing. I need subroutine code for data cleansing.
You create the routine as type "before/after subroutine" in the Routines branch, and refer to it in the job properties dialog in the before-job subroutine field.

Why do you want to write code to do data cleansing? Surely that is one of the purposes of DataStage itself!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.