Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Inactive DSXchange users.

Post by DSguru2B »

IMHO
The inactive users that are not charter members need to be re-considered by the Admin on how to go about with unending list.

This might help in increasing the site performance.

PS: Only 3303 Posters have posted atleast 1 post.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Lots of folks just lurk and learn - maybe too shy or not confident enough to post. I don't think we can assume that 0 posts = inactive. Perhaps >0 posts but none in the past three years would be a better indicator. What would be the most appropriate process - a private message and/or email suggesting that they were about to be bumped, and giving them some time to respond that they're still interested?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Yes, I agree with you Ray.
Most of the time people just sign up twice I guess.
But having 12000+ users for DS in reality doesnt seem to me a right figure.

I would decrease that year limit to 2 years, as to my knowledge may be I am wrong, Datastage has gained popularity in the past 2 years itself.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Not only for past 2 years, but may be more or exponential, and that too after the IBMs Aqusition. I guess Just holding the number of user information in the static database wont affect the day to day performance. Atlest site can have more Gold customers using these numbers.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

How about sending an email requesting confirmation of user, kinda like the activation process for new members in most sites/forums now a days.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

These process can be taken once the maintanance of the user ids become difficult and tedious. Because this good numbers may boost up the add for the site.

IMHO.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'