routine for control table/hash file it has read from

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravindrag
Participant

Post by ravindrag »

hi
all
i have one issue on

A routine that will read a control table/hash file and get a column value. Use that value as datastage job name and 'Run' that job, automatically.

thanks in advance
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: routine for control table/hash file it has read from

Post by balajisr »

ravindrag wrote:hi
all
i have one issue on

A routine that will read a control table/hash file and get a column value. Use that value as datastage job name and 'Run' that job, automatically.

thanks in advance
Can you please post the issue or error message you have received.
ravindrag
Participant

Re: routine for control table/hash file it has read from

Post by ravindrag »

all
i have one issue on

i dont know how to write basic code for that plz some one help me this isuue

thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Before someone is going to write some custom code for you, could you please post your hashed file layout, particularly which column you are interested in.

You can write a custom routine which is passed the hashed file name, key value and column number which contains the value you wish returned. This routine is called from a routine activity in a Job Sequence and the return value is used to call a job. The process is not too complex. But do bear in mind that this forum is here to help people do their work and offer assistance and mutual help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not against reinventing the wheel (actually that's not true), but it's best if you have some experience before you do that, otherwise you'll end up with a triangular shaped rock.

Have you looked at the SDK routines UtilityHashLookup and UtilityRunJob?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.