Datastge with windows operating system?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagehunter
Participant

Datastge with windows operating system?

Post by datastagehunter »

Hi all
Please let me know is data stage will run in windows environment?,
if it works both client and server will work?
If yes please explain how they run px jobs in windows environment,
and where they store configuration files,
and when i want to kill the job in data stage which was running on windows environment how can I do it,
what type of company will use windows operating system for datastage like small companies or big companies,
what is advantages if you use the windows operating system rather than UNiX operating system?
please kindly post answer
Thx
Aj
hi
i want to learn datastage which was use ful for emprove my skills
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Hi

Datastage can be run in windows environment. You can install both client and server in windows.
You can also install PX in windows.
You have the same datastage administrator in windows in which you can use to administer.
There are few companies uses PX on windows environment compared to UNIX environment.
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

If you search the forum you will be able get your answers:

viewtopic.php?t=100299&highlight=windows

Thanks
sam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please let me know is data stage will run in windows environment?, Yes

if it works both client and server will work? Yes. Many IBM classes are taught on this configuration.

If yes please explain how they run px jobs in windows environment, The same way as on UNIX machines, via osh (osh.exe)

and where they store configuration files, Anywhere, but by default in the Configurations folder

and when i want to kill the job in data stage which was running on windows environment how can I do it, Stop Job button in Director (you ought never to kill underlying DataStage processes)

what type of company will use windows operating system for datastage like small companies or big companies, That's a subjective decision, usually based around other factors such as "we are an all-Windows shop"

what is advantages if you use the windows operating system rather than UNiX operating system? None in this case; DataStage 7.5x2 installs MKS Toolkit, so you're mostly running on UNIX anyway when running parallel jobs
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ragu
Participant

Post by ragu »

I need to some more thing
Does DataStage need Windows XP Professional?
Can it run on other Windows operating system?

Ragu
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

ragu wrote:I need to some more thing
Does DataStage need Windows XP Professional?
Can it run on other Windows operating system?

Ragu
Datastage server can be run on Windows XP Professional.

However it isn't supported by IBM/Ascential.

The datastage client will run on Windows NT 4.0.

However it isn't supported by IBM/Ascential.

Cheers

Tim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage will not install on Windows XP Home (I guess that's the import of your question). From version 7.5 DataStage server will not install on Windows NT 4.0. Versions 7.1 and earlier will so install.
DataStage server will install and work on Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server.

To run parallel jobs on Windows you will specifically require version 7.5x2 of DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.