Time stamp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagehunter
Participant

Time stamp

Post by datastagehunter »

Hi
system date its format time stamp in source system, we need characteristic format in target system, in order that timestamp only year and month, please advice me how can we get this one
hi
i want to learn datastage which was use ful for emprove my skills
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

What is your source, and what is your target? Different stages do different things.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

As i understand from ...Hmmm..
Use substrings or Field to extract Data from timestamp....Use OCONV and ICONV to get year and month... :)

Read Ascential PDF ..... :arrow:

Thanks,
Anupam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The answer to the original question is "extract the year and month from the timestamp". If your source is standards-compliant, and the timestamp conforms to ISO 8601, then the first seven characters of the timestamp contain the year and month. Because server jobs have no internal data types, it would be sufficent to use Left() or Substrings() to extract the leftmost seven characters. To remove the delimiter character ("-") you could use Convert() or Oconv() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

Frankly i didnt understand the question. Can you please explain whats the issue.
Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If I the question properly and as explained and to explain you the issue is to "extract the year and month from the timestamp".
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'