Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Categories for Favorites and lists for watched forums

Post by bcarlson »

Two things came to mind recently:

1) I like being able to access my list of favorites, but as the list grows it would be nice to be able to categorize them (like the categories you create for DS jobs). You tend to mark a link as a favorite for a growing variety of reasons - I link this one because it deals with a Teradata issue, another because of a DB2 issue, this one is a cool idea for buildops, etc. Having the ability to create folders/categories would be nice.

2) There are topics that I am watching, but I no longer know which ones they are. Just like there is a link to get a list of your favorites, could we have a link for listing the sites we are watching? Hmmmm, and maybe categories would be nice here, too. :D

Brad.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Number 1 would be nice.
Mamu Kim
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

So is there any possibility of getting a menu option (like the Favorites) to view which topics you have selected to watch? This relates to my suggestion #2 from a while back.

I haven't been on for a while and it would be nice to be able to go back and look at the topics - partly for review, partly to determine if I still want to watch them.

Brad.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Even i love this idea and would support it. It would be really nice to mark the topic and categorize them.

there are days when i cant come to this forum and the topic which i had been following (generally more than 5-6 concurrently) are lost.

In the limited time which i get to browse through the forum, i am always confused if i should look for the previous topis or seach new ones. It would be really helpfull if i could mark them for my future reference.
whardeman

Post by whardeman »

Suggestions noted. I think this would be a good addition.

I'll add it to the growing list. :)
Walter Hardeman
Webmaster
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but has item #1 fallen off the radar or is this still a possibility? My list of favorites grows ever longer and harder to navigate. Categorizing them would make my life much easier... and we're all interested in making my life better, right?

It's all about me... :wink:

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.