connect failed --Oracle error: -2127

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

salil
Participant

connect failed --Oracle error: -2127

Post by salil »

I've exporeted a job from my development environment to production.The job which used to run fine in DEV is throwing some error in the production.

The job design is as follows

Ora_TAB1------>TRANSFORMER------>FlatFile

The necessary priveleges are given to the datastage user in Oracle.
The error says:

Ora_TAB1: connect failed for env: SID, user: USER, password: *****
Oracle error: -2127

Help at the earliest truly appreciated,

Thanks in advance
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
bandish
Participant

Post by bandish »

Hi,

SQL-02127 Precompiler/SQLLIB version mismatch

Cause: The program was linked to an older version of SQLLIB, which is
incompatible with this release of the Oracle Precompilers.

Action: Relink the program with a newer version of SQLLIB

IHTH

Thanks
Bandish[/b]
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Are the environmental varialbe SID and USER been defiend in the new environment?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

kumar_s wrote:Are the environmental varialbe SID and USER been defiend in the new environment?
Yes The SID ,USER and PWD are defined well.We are able to import metadata using these credentials,but it gives trouble while View-Data as well as Insert/Update.
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that your Oracle client software is at the same version as your Oracle server.
What stage type are you using in your DataStage job?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

ray.wurlod wrote:Check that your Oracle client software is at the same version as your Oracle server.
What stage type are you using in your DataStage job?
I'm using Oracle Enterprise stage for the Oracle connection in the Datastage job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage is just another client application as far as Oracle is concerned. Oracle client software must be correctly installed and configured on the machine(s) from which DataStage is to request service from Oracle. This client software must be at an appropriate version for connecting to the Oracle database server.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

Hi,
The Oracle client Version is 9.0.1 and Oracle Server Version is 9.2.0.7(64 bit).Could it be a probable reason?
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

main_program: Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": ld.so.1: osh: fatal: libclntsh.so: open failed: No such file or directory.
Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

This is the latest error message I'm getting now.Any idea on what it says??I serached inthe lib and 'libclntsh.so' which is being mentioned is already present there.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Libraries are definitely a problem. DataStage is a 32-bit application (except on Itanium) so you need to ensure that the shared library search path that DataStage uses (set up in the dsenv script) has the Oracle 32-bit library directory ahead of the Oracle 64-bit library directory.