Fresher reuirements....................

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akansha123
Participant

Fresher reuirements....................

Post by akansha123 »

Hai everyone,
I just completed training for Datastage through a consultant.I just completed my MS.I will be in the market from next week.Can anyone suggest me how to prepare and where can i find the FAQs for Datastage.If iam posting in the wrong forum,please suggest me the correct forum for this.
Thanking You
akansha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

This is as good a place to start as any. Based on the training you've just had, any questions should properly first be directed to the trainer(s), so that they can be aware of any areas where the training might be improved. There is a small FAQ forum here, a fairly recent addition, and lots and lots of answers to questions. At the top of the screen is a menu that includes a Search facility; take heed of it, it can save you time as well as the need to ask questions that have already been answered.

There is an "official" site too, the Developer Net, but you have to have a maintenance agreement with IBM to be able to use this site.

From either site, you may find links to other useful sites. If you find any that aren't cross referenced here, we'd be pleased to hear about them. DSXchange is a sharing place, where we are all in the business of helping each other.

PS By "MS" I assume you mean a master's degree rather than "manuscript"! :D
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
akansha123
Participant

Post by akansha123 »

Thanks for UR Reply.
MS (Masters).Can anyone suggest me the some Topics about UNIX which are frequently used in datastage jobs and can be asked as Interview Questions.Here in our consultancy nobody taught us LIN
AKANSHA
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

akansha.
this is not a job preparatory website. Yes you can prepare for an interview by browsing various topics. As far as the consultancy not teaching you UNIX is no ones concern here. You better goto Google University ;) :D .
Good luck
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.