Customer Feedback

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Customer Feedback

Post by ray.wurlod »

breakeven wrote::evil:
I find quite a few responses you provide not to be the least bit helpful and often times are sardonic in nature. Like my grandfather used to say, 'if you're so good, why ain't you rich'
You are quite entitled to your opinion. I choose not to hide behind an alias, and to be open with both my advice and my opinions. I am rich, in so many ways, and command top rates for my expertise when contracted professionally. I have had repeat business from all but one client, and have been in this business for nearly five years as an independent consultant. Make of that what you will.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

breakeven wrote:Yes, I'm sure everbody in this forum who has experience reading your postings is aware that you can be contracted professionally; That message is clearly intimated in most of your vague responses "hire me and then I'll tell you how it's done".
That is a completely unfair comment. I challenge you to show even one time that I've done that on DSXchange, other than in response to an approach via private message or private email. In those cases, I am covered by DSXchange documented practices (documented in approximately every second newsletter) which (allow us to) treat such approaches as requests to engage professional services.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

And opinion on the feedback given:
I dont think DSXCHANGE is a site to tutor, nor anyone is here to provide complete solutions at DSXCHANGE. Here everyone is to help with good intentions. And is someone doesn't get an answer to his/her post this doesnt mean that we should be pin pointing. You get what you get.

Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

WOW!

After 10000 posts someone still comments that Ray is not being forthcoming and helpful.

The obvious solution, sir or madam, is to post your own responses to questions and help out if you feel the Premium Posters answers are not to your "quality" or "liking". There's no rule that only Premium Posters get to respond. Join the fray.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I note in passing that this user has made 0 posts (as of today), and claims an expertise level of 5 for DataStage in the profile.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Then he/she has publicly stated their expertise exceeds the level for helping others. Then please do, I'm going on vacation 3/28 to 4/2. I happily relinquish my North American "shift". 8)
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Everyone is free to form an opinion - they are neither good nor bad and are always right (which is why they aren't called anything but opinions). I'm lucky that I wasn't the brunt of the comment since I tend to be much less forthcoming sometimes and have a shorter on-line fuse that Ray.

Fortunately for the original poster he/she has a choice of getting free advice elsewhere or from other people. Like my granddad used to say "Opinions are like as**oles - everyone has one"
kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

I think it is important to note that we are all people. As people we are subject to many things. Our mood effects the comments that we make. Our experience colors our view of other people. I think in the short time that I have been here, I have had a few responses to my posts that I thought were unpleasant. Never would I accuse someone of being unprofessional or less than helpful.

I joined this site due to the amount and quality of the answers provided by Ray. I have since learned that there are several others here who, in their own time and usually without pay, make substantative posts. If you don't find the same to be true, I would suggest that you not come to this site, versus insult the people who spend long hours contributing to it.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Well said. Ignore him Ray. We think you are awesome. Thanks Ken and many others as well. I need a break too Ken.
Mamu Kim
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Please ignore this guy. We all know what value you add to this community and how commited you are...Keep going Ray...We all want to see you hitting 100,000 Mark.....
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Ray, the volume and quality of the posts speaks for you. We learnt a lot from you and from other top posters. We all know you are the best. Ignore him.

--Balaji S.R