Licensing the RTI Agent on a Server machine

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Licensing the RTI Agent on a Server machine

Post by chulett »

I've got the RTI Agent successfully installed on my development Server machine. However, the extra special 'RTI Enable' checkbox does not show up in my job properties yet.

I understand that I need to license the installation. My question is related to the ability to manage Client and Server licenses from the Administrator nowadays - does anyone know if I can license RTI/SOA from there as well? It doesn't appear to be the case...

I'm assuming I have to mount my 7.5.1A cdrom again and kick off yet another Server installation. When it asks me what I want to do, does anyone know if I should be able to just input the missing RTI auth code and be done, or am I going to have to go thru a full re-install of Server again afterwards? :?

At worst case I'll tell you later after I go through it, but wanted to prep the SA I'll be working with ahead of time with what to expect.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried re-licensing using uvregen? This has command line options for licensing. From memory:

Code: Select all

uvregen authcodexxx -s serial# -d mm/dd/yyyy -l userlimit
And, of course, restart DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wasn't aware of that... I'll keep it in mind. :wink:
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I didn't try the 'uvregen' route as I was afraid it would think it was my server authorization code. There is no date or limit or any other value for the RTI Agent other than the additional auth code.

Going back through the Server install, I had three choices:

1) Re-install - basically a 'Repair' install
2) Install new Projects
3) install new Plug-ins

I started up 1), got past the RTI Agent auth code prompt and now it is slogging through every darn project on the server, reinstalling everything and upgrading all my jobs from 'version 50 to version 50'. :roll:

Only another hour left to go...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Shouidn't've been a problem - the letters in the serial number indicate exactly what it is that's being licensed. Might've saved some time. C'est la vie. You being paid by the hour? :lol:
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Of course! :P So you really think it would be safe, eh? Still got the production machine to do at some point...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ya can always test in development first. :wink:
But - yes - I'm confident.