Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

december7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Suggestion abt the certification

Post by december7 »

Hi Moderator(of DSXchange),

Can you introduce one category dedicated for Enterprise Edition Certification.
So that people can share their experience and type of questions.

Thanks,
december7
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Certification is not yet available; it is expected sometime this quarter, but the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft a'gley.

Certification questions are the intellectual property of IBM; publishing them would bring down the wrath of the IBM copyright police (which I'm informed is not pretty).

On that basis, I don't think this particular idea has any legs on this site. The owners of the site are IBM resellers, and want to remain so. :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

There is a lates release in IBM site for the call of IBM Certified Solution Developer - WebSphere IIS DataStage Enterprise Edition v7.5 by the start of this year.
Prety cool stuff.
http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/certs/iisdwsdev75.shtml
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I was surprised to see this, thanks! I've signed up with the testing company and am awaiting my userid/password - perhaps the test is already finished, I'll see when I get to login and attempt to sign up.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hope we would see many question that were asked in Exams in our forum:wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

kumar_s wrote:Hope we would see many question that were asked in Exams in our forum:wink:
IMHO, this is equivalet to answering the more popular questions people try to post here that we refer to as interview questions

This will ultimatly hurt pople trying to apply more then help them!

I strongly urge people, Don't publish any official question from the test.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I don't think the exams are ready yet on the Prometric or Pearson web sites. It's hard to tell for sure, both sites have very poor catalog browse and search functions. On the Pearson site you cannot find out if they have the exam until you create a login, but you don't want to create a login until you know whether they have the exam. Stupid site. On Prometric they don't even have an IBM category or anything called WebSphere or DataStage and all exams appear on one long drop down combo box without even the simplest search function. Doubly stupid site.

They have 10 sample questions, I got 8/10, spotted a couple dodgy questions. Will blog about it later.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have provided an evaluation of the objectives and sample questions on my latest blog IBM WebSphere IIS DataStage Enterprise Edition v7.5 certification appears on IBM website.

Thanks to eagle eyed Kumar for spotting this information. We certainly didn't get anything through the IBM certification news email.

I am a supporter of certification exams but I think it is inevitable that cheat questions will get posted somewhere. Hopefully the overall question pool will be large enough to foil the cheats.
Sunshine2323
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Sunshine2323 »

Hi All,

The 000-415: IBM WebSphere IIS DataStage Enterprise Edition v7.5 is listed on the prometric site.

The cost of the exam is listed as 576 GBP.

The exam is very expensive as compared to other certification exams. :(
Warm Regards,
Amruta Bandekar

<b>If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. </b>
--Albert Einstein
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Hi

Cost of certification is $175 in countries like US and $100 in emerging markets like India.

--Balaji S.R
Sunshine2323
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Sunshine2323 »

Cost of certification is $175 in countries like US and $100 in emerging markets like India.

Yes, thats nice. Will try the exam out on my next trip as its 576 GBP here in the UAE.
Warm Regards,
Amruta Bandekar

<b>If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. </b>
--Albert Einstein
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I checked the price here in the UK and it is GBP100. I'm waiting on my userid and once I get it I'll sign up for the test {I'm assuming that it's already complete and available}. I think I do need to study up a bit, it would be embarrasing to fail it :shock:
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Looking at the objectives of the certification it seems that it is difficult to clear the exam unless one have good knowledge or experience in EE. Actually that's how it should be.

--Balaji S.R
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Some pressure must be applied to IBM to run the classes - especially the advanced class - so we can learn what the expected answers are (rather than the answers we have learned through experience). The certification and advanced class were developed together.

I've been on a waitlist for one class for over two years.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I got my ID for Pearson and (not surprisingly) the exam for DataStage is still airware - nothing in the IBM section about it at all.