Revealing Premium content for the post made upto 28 Feb 06.

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Revealing Premium content for the post made upto 28 Feb 06.

Post by balajisr »

I happened to search the forum. I found that all the premium poster's post contents are hidden. Is it possible to have this restriction only for the post made after the charter member program commences? Otherwise premium poster's content are lost forever for the standard users.

--Balaji S.R
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you try clicking 'Continue Trial' under the button?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

yes craig i know about the Continue Trail button.
What would happen to the post made so far once charter member program commences? Will all the post made by premium posters right from the start of this forum will be of premium content? In that case I feel standard users cannot access any of the premium member's post. That's why i asked is it possible to enable premium button option for the post made after the charter member program commences. i.e Post made after 1-Mar-06 will be hidden in case of premium content and Post made before 1-Mar-06 will be displayed as usual even it is of premium content.
Is this an viable option?

--Balaji S.R
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's why there's a trial - to work out the best way to go. I believe that a number of ideas about how the premium posters should work have been fed back - ultimately someone (Editor?) will make the call.

Without prejudicing that decision, my preference is for the premium posters themselves to be able to control what is premium content and what is not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

balajisr wrote:yes craig i know about the Continue Trail button.
Good, just wanted to double-check as not everyone did. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gmorey
Participant

Post by gmorey »

ray.wurlod wrote:That's why there's a trial - to work out the best way to go. I believe that a number of ideas about how the premium posters should work have been fed back - ultimately someone (Editor?) will make the call.

Without prejudicing that decision, my preference is for the premium posters themselves to be able to control what is premium content and what is not.
Great idea.

What about some articles (written by the "great ones")?
Greg Morey
DBA/Developer
Editor

Post by Editor »

This is an ongoing process and we have made a number of decision in advance. The testing of the technology and the way to use it effectively will follow in the coming weeks. I am please to tell everyone, that our premium posters now have the ability to control their collective content. They will begin each post with a decision to release their pearls of wisdom to the masses, or to reward those that have chosen to either be a charter member (first 500) or premium member. Our beloved Webmaster Walter, has completed the coding and over time, the "masters" will be allowed to reflect on old posts and decide one by one which side they belong. Ultimately, those that post, determine the outcome.

Thanks to everyone.

Dennis, Editor
janhess
Participant

Post by janhess »

This sounds like a money grabbing scheme. 'Experts' don't have to post answers/solutions. Who is getting all the cash?
At least www.tek-tips.com is still free.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Techtips might still be free, but doesn't help you much with regards to answering DataStage questions. Some of that forum's answers either originate in this forum or point here.

IBM/Ascential's developernet forums remains completely free as well, as is the new Yahoo! one mentioned elsewhere.

DSXChange also remains free for most posts. "Money grabbing" implies someone is forcing you and your money to part ways; payment and viewing premium content here remain at your discretion.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Besides there is no way Dennis will ever make that much money or even recoop the money he has already spent on developing this site and maintaining it.
Mamu Kim