Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

My Charter Membership!!

Post by gateleys »

Hi,
I had applied for a charter membership and paid for the same via the yahoo store link. I haven't received any information from DSXchange as yet. Does it take long to process the membership?
BTW, I fully appreciate the time and effort this forum is putting to further the knowledge of all its members. And if it costs $50/year..then so be it. We are willing to shell out $300-$400 per year for cable TV...so $50 for this site seems just....after all DataStage and Datawarehousing is the area that most of us here spend most of our time in..it is our job.

gateleys
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Thanks for your support!
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Hey Kenneth,
How long does it take for DSXchange to enroll me as a Charter member? Like I said in this post, I have already paid for the membership, but not received any information/email from the site.

gateleys
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

I don't know the turn-around time, but I'm sure Walter is looking into this otherwise send him a message/email.
Kenneth Bland

whardeman

Post by whardeman »

gateleys wrote:I had applied for a charter membership and paid for the same via the yahoo store link. I haven't received any information from DSXchange as yet.
Are you sure you haven't received anything? Perhaps you should check your email and make sure no correspondence was somehow misdirected to your Bulk folder. Most likely there is a problem with your payment information and your Charter Membership cannot be completed until the problem is resolved.

If you are still certain you haven't received any information from the DSXchange, you should contact me directly at webmaster@dsxchange.com and we'll make sure the problem is corrected immediately.

Walter Hardeman, Webmaster
Sunshine2323
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Sunshine2323 »

I feel the knowledge that I have gained from this site is not comparable to $$$.
I am also grateful to all the Gurus who have spent their time in answering questions and sharing their valuable knowledge for nothing in exchange.
I express my gratitude and support to the dsxchange community by becoming a Charter Member. :)
Warm Regards,
Amruta Bandekar

<b>If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. </b>
--Albert Einstein
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

I feel the knowledge I have gained from dsxchange is wealth to $$ fee.
I hope all the Gurus will continue to spent their time in answering questions and sharing their valuable knowledge.
I express my support to the dsxchange community by becoming a Charter Member. :D

Bryceson
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Thanks again!! It's exciting to feel the love. A little community help means that we'll be able to do more with the site, such as bigger hardware (streaming video would be AWESOME). Imagine online help tips complete with pictures, sounds, etc. Text cut-and-paste is great, but imagine a 30-sec blurb on whatever. Sweeeeet. The future looks so bright I have to wear shades 8)
Kenneth Bland

whardeman

Post by whardeman »

I have to jump in here and tell Ken to

QUIT STEALING OUR THUNDER!!! :D

No, but seriously, you're definitely on to something. We've been planning some big ideas along just those lines. Some of the new rich content we produce will be available exclusively to Premium Members, but much of it will be readily available to everyone and will remain absolutely FREE.

I just have to reiterate for anyone who hasn't caught this yet: We will not abandon our Standard users. A Premium site means a better site for everyone going forward.

Walter Hardeman, Webmaster
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Hi Walter,
Somehow, the email from DSExchange had gone to my junk folder. Anyways, it seems there was some problem in the payment due to wrong address entry. I will enroll again. Thanks.

gateleys
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

See that 'Charter Member' logo on my post!! Cooool!!!

gateleys
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

that is a cool logo! I wanna get me one like that too :)
So instead of heading to the computer store and buying a some silly-bang-em-up video game I'll splurge and go for the charter membership instead :oops:
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Hey Arnd,
Why would you need the logo? And, with the 3rd most postings to boot...All of us know you. Unless of course, even you get that 'Join' logo in the midst of postings.

gateleys
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It's a matter of having as much "bling" as others :) I figure that having a "charter member" next to my name might help me pick up pretty women or perhaps get an upgrade when I check in for a flight :lol:
rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rwierdsm »

...and you know what I discovered! Having 'Charter Member' beside my name plus $1.25 will buy me a small coffee!
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com