Premium Content

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

battaliou
Participant

Premium Content

Post by battaliou »

So now we are expected to pay for this forum? Sorry, I wont be party to this. I've worked hard to give honest advise and examples to help build this forum mainly because it was free for everyone to use.

This changes the ethos, I think dsxchange should reconsider else this will remain my last post.
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that you aren't the only one with mixed feelings on the subject; those members whose answer-to-question ratio is greater than one are not going to be pleased about this change; and I sometimes feel that many whose answer-to-question ratio is below one consider getting quick and accurate response to be more of a right than a privilege.

But something needs to be done on the financial front for the operators of DSXchange so that they are not paying heavily in both hard $$$ and time & effort for providing this valuable public forum.

Also, I think that the majority of the forum will remain accessible to anyone, while those that do opt to pay for Premium service will get additional value. At least that is the way I interpreted the system explanation.
jzparad
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jzparad »

I would have to agree to battaliou. This site has been an excellent resource and it has seemed to work extremely well. It's a great bonus for anyone using DataStage and I would hate to see participation numbers drop.
Jim Paradies
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

We're talking about 5 people having "special answers". There are many qualified people to answer who are not premium posters, they can pick up the slack. The minority who do pay the fee are floating all the rest, remember that.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle