Allow guest users?

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vmcburney
Participant

Allow guest users?

Post by vmcburney »

Should the forum be available to guest users? Allow people to view threads without having to login (or signup). This would give the site greater search engine saturation, currently the only pages from the site on the google search index are the non-login pages such as profiles, news pages and testimonials. Opening up the forum may add all other pages to Google search and bring more people to the site.

These are the current Google dsxchange links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... change.com
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Vincent,
If we make everything available, why would anyone want to join?

I think if we want more exposure or insentive for people to join,
perhaps making the FAQ Forum available as a taste of what is in here might be a good :idea:
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If the site develops more content, let's say downloads, white papers, example code etc. then make the forum exposed and accessible to search engines and make other features available to free members and premium services to different levels of paid members. The forum threads cover just about every DataStage term and error out there so it will bring a lot of people in. You can also start focusing on success as a measure of site hits rather then simply membership.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Again I'm with Roy. There's no cost in signing up - you can see the list of forums without signing up. Maybe making just the FAQ available without sign-in would be ok.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.