DB2 EE error-load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

DB2 EE error-load

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
To do a bulk load data in DB2 table if use DB2/UDB Load, it gives me a error while compiling

Code: Select all

'requires a minimu of '1' stream output(s)'
i tried to add stream link but it wont let it to do.

So i tried with DB2/UDB Enterprise stage, Write Method as Load and it gives error during run

Code: Select all

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,0: DB2 Load Binary Error.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,0: SQLCODE = -3025; SQLSTATE=

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,0: SQL3025N  A parameter specifying a filename or path is not valid.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,1: DB2 Load Binary Error.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,1: SQLCODE = -6561; SQLSTATE=     /ifmpxwork1/dev01/ordb299949613a0dbb7_

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,1: SQL6561N  Target node "1" for load does not appear in the nodegroup.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,1: Failed opening fifo /ifmpxwork1/dev01/ordb299949613a0dbb7_.001 after 90 seconds: No such device or address.

DB2_UDB_Enterprise_5,1: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
Can i have any input.....
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Did you make sure you could manually (running an autoload from Unix command line, that is) load to the table with your id (or whatever id will use the DS job)?

Also, make sure the paths referenced in the error actually exist and are writeable by the database userid. On our system, the database owner is called db2inst1. The path that the load's temp files are written to must be accessible (with write permssions) by the db2inst1 userid. If not, then the load fails and we get an error message similar to what you listed below.

If these ideas don't help, could you post the parameters you used in the load stage?

HTH.

Brad.
sudarshan
Participant

Re: DB2 EE error-load

Post by sudarshan »

Hey !!!

At last u r someone who is having the same difficulty as I had with DB2 Load stage in PX. 8)

Now, do something, do the same job as a server job ... it will run smooth(if u have validation error ignore and run straight away after compiling).

Now, for using the DB2 EE stage, did u do the following ?

1> Give the table name as = schema.tablename
2>Default database=false
3>default server=false
4>server = schema
5>database=dbname

That should run fine ... :)
TJX Companies
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: DB2 EE error-load

Post by TJX Companies »

In regard to a DB2/UDB Enterprise stage... what should the value be for "Client Instance Name"? I tried using the schema name there. The "Client Instance Name" has to be present, it seems, in order to define the "User" and the "Password".

Thanks!

sudarshan wrote:Hey !!!

At last u r someone who is having the same difficulty as I had with DB2 Load stage in PX. 8)

Now, do something, do the same job as a server job ... it will run smooth(if u have validation error ignore and run straight away after compiling).

Now, for using the DB2 EE stage, did u do the following ?

1> Give the table name as = schema.tablename
2>Default database=false
3>default server=false
4>server = schema
5>database=dbname

That should run fine ... :)