RTI operations & job

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dfong
Participant

RTI operations & job

Post by dfong »

Hi all,

I am a traditional DW development and newbie to the webservices or EAI world and I have some silly/ABCs questions about RTI deployment. Hope someone can point me to the right literature to start with. Thanks in advance.

I just started playing around with the RTI console and get a bit confused about the 'operation' and 'jobs'. As in the RTI console, after creating a service I can either add an operation with job(s) attached or create seperated operations with job(s) attached to each of the operation added. What are the differences?

DF
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

The difference lies in your post only.

One RTI operation can have multiple jobs with same name from different projects or DS servers.

From front end (which may be Java or VB or something else), they will call RTI operation. When the calls comes to RTI server, it does the load balancing i.e. it checks from these multiple jobs which job has to be called. E.g. for RTI operation GetDetails you have deployed job GetDetails from Server1 and one more GetDetails from Server2.
When a call comes to RTI server, and at this time one instance (process) from server1 for the operation is running, then RTI server may give call to server2 job.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.