Required fields no longer required?

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Required fields no longer required?

Post by chulett »

Why suddenly do we have several postings in (at the very least) the Server forum with none of the 'required' information? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Baldmartyr
Participant

Post by Baldmartyr »

Sorry about that! We updated the forum engine and some of our custom scripts didn't jive with the update. Specifically there were a few post variables that weren't properly assigned from the $_POST superglobal array. That issue has now been resolved. If you notice any other peculiararities please let me know. Thanks!
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster
JamasE
Participant

Post by JamasE »

A better question might be: why do we need to specify the Datastage version we are using?

Some of us, for example, only use QualityStage, and so the question becomes completely irrelevant. I agree that knowing which software/platform you are using is important, but there is more that just Datastage...

Cheers,
Jamas
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

Jamas raises a valid point. Maybe the software and version should be a list or drop down of choices along with versions (maybe not versions, but would be nice). DataStage is not a prerequisite for some of these other products.
Baldmartyr
Participant

Post by Baldmartyr »

Agreed. These are valid points and will be addressed. However, all things in order, let me get this upload/download library set up first.
David Baldwin
Former DSXchange Webmaster