Regarding QualityStage Job Exit Status

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Vijay Kumar
Participant

Regarding QualityStage Job Exit Status

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Hi All,
I want to execute the Quality Stage job through the Unix Script. For that I want to capture the exit status of each job.
Is there any document for exit status or if any one knows about the Quality Stage job's exit status then it would be helpful for me.

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards
Vijay
JamasE
Participant

Re: Regarding QualityStage Job Exit Status

Post by JamasE »

Vijay Kumar wrote:Is there any document for exit status or if any one knows about the Quality Stage job's exit status then it would be helpful for me.
In our system, we monitor for the file <jobname>.end, which appears in the SCRIPTS subdirectory. (QS should delete the file before running the job, but there's no harm in doing that first before the job runs just to make sure the monitoring doesn't hit the old file first.)

The <jobname>.end file will just contain the word 'Done' when the job runs successfully. If there's a problem, it contains a copy of the error message.

Very useful file for making sure QS runs properly.

Cheers,
Jamas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Within the script, you can capture the exit status through the shell variable $? - indeed, this is what QualityStage itself does.

Exit status of 0 means success, a non-zero exit status indicates some form of error. Alas, I do not know of a reference that lists all possible exit status values from QualityStage commands.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.