Command syntax for QS jobs

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Suparv
Participant

Command syntax for QS jobs

Post by Suparv »

Hi

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to call QS jobs using the "dsjobs" command??

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes I can. No there isn't.

However, there's no reason not to create a DataStage job that uses QualityStage stage type to invoke whatever it is you're doing in QS, and this you can start with the dsjob command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

The thing that comes close to dsjob is to run the scripts that are being generated by QS. This is not the best practice as it creates a maintenance nightmare, but it's an option.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I have found that once you put a QS job into a DataStage job it can be easier to maintain. You get better row monitoring capabilities in DataStage and can handle a wider range of sources and targets. Matching reports for example are fixed width within QS and can be difficult to read or format, if you accept the match results back into a DataStage job you can write them out into any format you want.
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Command syntax for QS jobs

Post by s_boyapati »

Suparv wrote:Hi

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to call QS jobs using the "dsjobs" command??

Thanks
You can run the job from command prompt by using jobname.extensions script. QS compilation generates scripts with different extensions to run in different modes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is true, and I probably ought to have mentioned it rather than responding to the specific "with dsjob" in the original question. But I agree with Vincent that they're much easier to control out of DataStage, and there are then a whole lot of data reformatting operations (still can't lose the INTEGRITY terminology!) that you don't need to do within QualityStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

I just referred to "GTF" the other day to a QS consultant and asked me what it was :) So, I hear you Ray ! :wink: