Quality Stage hosting

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

afreas
Participant

Quality Stage hosting

Post by afreas »

Quick question. Does the QualityStage server get hosted with the Datastage Server?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably not, unless you are running DataStage on Windows platform.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

It's your choice, you can put them on the same server or on different servers. We had a successfull project where they were on the same server. For higher volumes it is worth considering seperate servers so you are not fighting for resources.

One thing to consider is licensing costs, if you pay for a 4 CPU license for each product and you put them on the same server you are not getting full value as they are competing for those 4 CPUs. Effectively you are paying for a 4 CPU license but each product is only using about 2 CPUs. If you put them on seperate 4 CPU servers then you have 8 CPUs to play with.
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gomez »

I have my DataStage Server on Unix. Is there any option to integrate this with the QualityStage ?

Thanks in advance
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Gomez,
could you elaborate on "integration" you are talking about? If you are asking if you can run QS and DS both in UNIX server, it is done everyday. If you can give us a bit more detail about what you are trying to accomplish, we can help you a bit more..
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think this could be a new thread ... but to answer your question you need to download the QS plugin for DS from the Ascential e.services web site, this will let you embed QualityStage jobs within DataStage jobs. This plugin has an import that lets you can push your QualityStage metadata into DataStage.

There are a few niggly integration problems in version 7.x and I'm hoping 7.5 is an improvement.