Search function issue

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Search function issue

Post by chulett »

:?: Why would a simple search for 'before' or 'after' fail to return any results unless done as an 'Exact Match'?

Interestingly, a search for 'before-job' finds hits but says it will highlight 'beforejob' and therefor doesn't seem to highlight anything.

Something seems amiss. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Craig,

You're not alone. I've been having problems searching these forums for a long time. My own problems revolve around "Search for all terms". My results have been inconsistent (and generally not helpful :) ). I usually have to go to 'Exact Match' and weed through the results.

As an example, if I put in 'job control' (without the quotes) and click on 'Search for all terms', I get no results. Yet, if I click 'Exact Match' and do the same search, I get results and many of them have the phrase 'job control' in it. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not asking nicely enough :) .

Tony
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Craig,

See the reply at the bottom of this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=45708

Walter Hardeman explains it nicely. I somehow missed his original reply until just now.

Thanks, Walter!

Tony
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I was wondering if it was something along those lines. However, I expected it to be more of a static list, not something it monitored over time - but as long as we know the darn thing works....
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers