Avaya and OpenLink

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tacitus
Participant

Avaya and OpenLink

Post by tacitus »

Has anyone had any luck connecting DS to to an Avaya Informix instance using the OpenLink driver?!?
rrcreddy4
Participant

Re: Avaya and OpenLink

Post by rrcreddy4 »

[quote="tacitus"]Has anyone had any luck connecting DS to to an Avaya Informix instance using the OpenLink driver?!?[/quote]

I have the same issue. Currently I am connecting using MS Access as I installed Openlink ODBC on windows. It seems DataStage DLL has some kind of incompatibility with Openlink on the Sun Solaris Informix. Whenever I try to connect it is locking the ODBC on the informix. We have opened a ticket with DataStage. Please let me know if any one able to do this.
tacitus
Participant

Post by tacitus »

We ended up using Data Direct by finding a port Avaya left open that allowed us to connect not using OpenLink. This wasn't really an Informix issue as much as a restriction created by Avaya.
I have the same issue. Currently I am connecting using MS Access as I installed Openlink ODBC on windows. It seems DataStage DLL has some kind of incompatibility with Openlink on the Sun Solaris Informix. Whenever I try to connect it is locking the ODBC on the informix. We have opened a ticket with DataStage. Please let me know if any one able to do this.
rrcreddy4
Participant

Post by rrcreddy4 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Could you please let me know how did you find the open port on Avaya. And also how did you use Data Direct?
tacitus
Participant

Post by tacitus »

DataDirect drivers are the default odbc drivers DataStage expects to use. You need to add an entry in your .odbc.ini file for the database. I have pasted a blank entry below. The port number in it is the one we found to be open. If that doesn't work you will need to work with an admin to do some snooping.

You also will want to add an entry in your uvodbc.config.

[AVAYASERVER]
QEWSD=
Driver=<your path>/branded_odbc/lib/VMifcl20.so
Description=DataDirect Informix Wire Protocol
Database=
LogonID=
Password=
HostName=
PortNumber=3077
ServerName=
CancelDetectInterval=0
TrimBlankFromIndexName=1
ApplicationUsingThreads=1

rrcreddy4 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Could you please let me know how did you find the open port on Avaya. And also how did you use Data Direct?
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Hello Tacitus:

We are having same issue with Avaya - CMS- database. We tried port 3077 but it didn't work for us.

How you find out which is the port for Avaya (CMS) database?

Thanks,

Julio R.