DATASTAGE PX and SAP R/3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reddyds
Participant

DATASTAGE PX and SAP R/3

Post by reddyds »

Hi all

How is the chemistry between SAP R/3 Pack and DataStage 7.5 Px we are doing a first project to extract data from SAP R/3 using DS any idea on this please let me know...

Srikanth Reddy
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Reddy,

I dont know much about the chemistry between SAP R/3 Pack and DataStage 7.5 Px, as I am a software engineer :wink: .

In the SAP R/3 Pack, there is a stage called ABAP Extract Pack

1) This has a SQL builder, which will help you build the SQL query to extract from the various SAP Tables.

2) Once you have your SQL query built and all the connection parameters properly defined, you can use the Generate program button to generate the ABAP program.

3) Next you can transfer the program to the SAP server using the Load Programs to R/3 button.

4) Then when you run the job, the results of the SQL query are automatically produced by SAP and transferred to the calling datastage job.

This is a very high level overview of the "physics" between SAP R/3 Pack and DataStage 7.5 Px. Hope this helps you to get started.
Thanks,
Naveen
reddyds
Participant

DATASTAGE R/3 Pack

Post by reddyds »

Hi Naveen

Thanx alot i think this is enough for the start

bye