oracle enterprise load error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pongal
Participant

oracle enterprise load error

Post by pongal »

Hi,
i am loading the data from source sequential file to oracle database with oracle enterprise stage with Target properties Write Method = Load and Writ Mode = Append.
When i try to insert the data it is giving error
ORCL_REQ_HEADER,0: SQL*Loader-128: unable to begin a session
ORCL_REQ_HEADER,0: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
ORCL_REQ_HEADER,0: The call to sqlldr failed; the return code = 256;
please see the loader logfile: /worknode2/scratch/ora.9958.892635.0.log for details.

if i set Write Method = upsert, it is working fine and it is able insert the data correctly into the oracle table.

i have checked userid pwd and database server details are correct and even i have checked proper priveleges for selecting or loading at oracle database.

do we need to set any other properties for inseting the data?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

pongal,

could you do us the favor of pasting the contents of your load log file located at worknode2/scratch/ora.9958.892635.0.log to this thread?
pongal
Participant

Post by pongal »

In log file also it is the same error
"Invalid Username/Password; logon denied"
but it working if select writemode as upsert option with same username and password and i have checked table priveleges and all are fine.
what could be the reason, is there anything that i need to take care at sql*ldr side