Checking for Valid Phone Numbers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Checking for Valid Phone Numbers

Post by DSkkk »

Hi all!!

I have a situation where i have to check the Phone Number field, whether its all Numeric. I have dealt this scenario previouly by writing a Routine. But that was a Server job. Now i need to do this in parallel job. Could anyone suggest if if there is any such function in Parallel jobs or How can i write the Routine in a parallel job...

Thanks in advance!!
g.kiran
mouthou
Participant

Post by mouthou »

Hi Kiran,

There is a function in PX called Num(input field). This returns 1 if the input varchar field is convertible to number. With this returned value you can find that it contains only numeric... 8)

Best of luck!
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

You can always use a basic-transformer in a parallel job, then you can just use your old routine.
watch out: on the one hand DS discourages the use of the Basic transformer in PX-jobs, on the other hand they give this same solution when you're experiencing problems in C-routines and development.
(I've got a post in this forum about c-routines and from the major-response to this, I think everyone is still using basic.)
legendkiller
Participant

Post by legendkiller »

I guess you can also use IsValid function which can be called from parallel transformer