Sequential Files with Oracle Enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ErichG
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequential Files with Oracle Enterprise

Post by ErichG »

I am loading a 14-20 million record file Sequential file using the paralle Sequential stage into Oracle Enterprise and at times the load cannot read a single record and fails (stops loading the Oracle table). Instead of discarding the record and continuing with the load. I have tried every option here CONTINUE, OUTPUT and FAIL. Fail is the only one that seems to work. I do not want the load to ever stop I want it to load as much as it can and discard what it can't load or send to output. Is there anyway to get this to work.

Also, why is it that when I restart the job from the begining it completes without an issue. It only halts the first time through. Is this a setting that I have incorrect?
ErichG
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ErichG »

Nevermind, I have since found it is a file attribute of the input file. Rewriting the file before Ascential processes it appears to have corrected the issue.
sudhirmah
Participant

Post by sudhirmah »

Hi ErichG,

can u share with us, how much time it is taking to load 20mio records into oracle from seq file & what tuning u have done to optimize the performance

TIA
SAM
sudhirmah
Participant

Post by sudhirmah »

Hi ErichG,

can u share with us, how much time it is taking to load 20mio records into oracle from seq file & what tuning u have done to optimize the performance

TIA
SAM