Compilation Error: No excclusive access to job ? Solution ??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akash_nitj
Participant

Compilation Error: No excclusive access to job ? Solution ??

Post by akash_nitj »

Hi All
I am getting the following error while compilation of job. Any way out :

Cannot get exclusive access to the executable file or job : job may be monitored

......help :?

rgds
akash
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Turn off any Monitors? Get out of the job and see if it is still locked? Make sure it's not running? Do a Status file clear? Export and reimport the job?

Mostly in that order...
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message indicates that there is an edit (read for update) lock on the job design in the Repository database. It may mean any of a number of things including, but not limited to:
  • job open in another Designer session

job properties open in Manager

job being monitored in Director

job being debugged in another Designer session

lock is held by a defunct process (did any client lose a connection while editing this job?)
It may be necessary for you or your Administrator to release any locks held for this job. You may be able to achieve this through the Director (Cleanup Resources option on Job menu) or you may need to invoke the DS.TOOLS menu in the DataStage environment on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

90% of the time I have seen this message, I have the Director's log view enabled for that job.

Get out of the Director's log view for that job, and it should work. If not, Ray offered quite a few other possible reasons for this.