Unable to connect, RPC Daemon is not running.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bsreenu
Participant

Unable to connect, RPC Daemon is not running.

Post by bsreenu »

Hi All,

Recently I have installed DataStage 7.0 on my laptop (OS: Windows XP professional) and I have been running few jobs successfully. 2 days bcak I cleaned up some unwanted temp files and uninstalled Norton antivirus. Now the problem is started. DS Clients (designer) is unable connect to DS server. The error message is something like "Invalid username/password,
unable to connect to project XXX or RPC Daemon is not running".

I had uninstalled Datastage (both client & server) and installed again, but the problem is still there. Can some one please help me How to get rid of this problem.

I appreciate your help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

You need to eliminate one thing at a time.

To check whether the dsprc "daemon" is running, open Control Panel, open Services (under Administrative Tools) and look for the DataStage RPC service. If it is not running, you can try to start it manually, provided that you're logged in as a member of the Administrator's group.

DataStage is finicky about user id and password. Try all of the combinations domain\userid, machine\userid and plain userid. If none of these works, and the dsprc daemon is definitely running, please post again.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bsreenu
Participant

Thanks for your reply

Post by bsreenu »

I have verified and dsprc daemon is running. I stopped and started all services in Control panel, but no use. As you suggested i'll try all combinations of logins. but my guess is there is something else, may be 1 or 2 files got deleted/corrupted.

2days back When I logged in as adminstrator, a message got poped up and it says "current profile is not available, logging with default profile".
Is this something causing DS client is unable to connect to server?