Performance issue with Funnel Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vigneshra
Participant

Performance issue with Funnel Stage

Post by vigneshra »

Hi

My job uses a funnel stage. The output of funnel is fed to a filter stage where it directs to various tables based on the value of a field. The problem I encountered here is like this. The volume of my source tables are in the order of 20 million rows. My extraction query fetches the rows within 15 minutes. But all the records remain in the funnel stage's input link, making the funnel as a bottleneck. This severely affects the performance of my job. Infact, the funnel type I set is 'Continuous Funnel' and partition type is 'Auto'. Still the stage remains as a bottleneck for my job. :cry: Is there any other properties to be set ? Is there any replacement for funnel stage ? :roll: Please do reply if you know since the requirement is very urgent.

Thanks & Regards,
Vignesh.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Contact Ascential Support and inform them of this problem. There has been several patches and fixes for this stage throughout EE 7.x, and you may have to upgrade to take advantage of these bottlenecks.

You can always append a target file with more data, just not at the same time.
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

Hi
There have been sevaral performance issues with Funnel Stage. It reduces performance to some extent.
Check with Ascential there have been many patches released.
Happy DataStaging