Problem matching records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aesguerra
Participant

Problem matching records

Post by aesguerra »

Hi All,

I'm having a really weird problem in DataStage. Am trying to find out why there are some records that datastage could not find inside my table even though those records are existing already. When I do a query using SQL the records are returned, but when I run my DataStage job these input records are being rejected. Did a job that would insert again the rejected records into the database but still DS cannot match it. Any ideas what could be causing this? :?

Thanks!
vigneshra
Participant

Post by vigneshra »

I think the problem with your job is defining metadata. You could have put a different length than actually the values of the field are. Or you might have put a nullable column to non-nullable in metadata. So those records will be merely rejected at the source level itself. Just have a look at your metadata and it should solve your problem !!!
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

If any null or space or special char is there that record it will reject. So before sending to next stage please handle null or space or use trim () function,

thanks
man