Controlled passing of parameters from a file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lakshmipriya
Participant

Controlled passing of parameters from a file

Post by lakshmipriya »

I need a sujjestion, how to pass the parameters which is stored in a file set to run a job in a controlled fashion.

The Main Job which has to take the paramter from this file set containing the values has to start the next sequence of run after the manual interuption, or controlled defintion of it.

For example if i have 2 sets of extraction dates in a file set. While the input to run a job is one set of extraction job, this has to wait for the next extraction of parameter after completion of one successful fetch of parameter and running of the main job.
Lakshmi
vbeeram
Participant

Post by vbeeram »

Try in this way:

1.Declare file Name as Job Parameter in job properties
2.Use DSGetParamInfo(DSJ.ME,ParamName, DSJ.PARAMVALUE) then pass the Job Parameter .

venkat beeram
lakshmipriya
Participant

Post by lakshmipriya »

Thanks for ur interest.

Actually what i need is, in need a time delay between the fetching of parameters for the 1 time to the next.

For example if v have "a" & "b" as the contents in a parameter file, and this has to be passed a paramter to another file one by one, after fetching the first paramter "a" and successful running of job which is follwed by this, there should be a time delay before fetching the next parmeter "b" for the same set of run. How can i acheive this?
Lakshmi