Timestamp Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ntr
Participant

Timestamp Issue

Post by ntr »

Hi All,

Could you please help on below issue.

I am using 8.7 Data stage version

I have one column like Effective_DateTime This column I am getting source and same column I need to mapped to Target

In Source I am getting Effective_DateTime like 21/09/16 12:00:00

But my requirement is I need to populate target Effective_DateTime is like 21/09/16 00:00:00

Could you please help me how to handle the Data stage level
naveenkumar.ssn
Participant

Re: Time stamp Issue

Post by naveenkumar.ssn »

Hi

Use the stage variable in order to do the following logic

Stage var1: To get the date field alone ...Use the field function and get the first field ( by default field has got space as delimiter)

Stage var1: Hard code to 00:00:00

Concatenate the two stage variable

Regards
Naveen
Naveen Kumar
Datastage Consultant
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

It is difficult to guess the requirement and answer this question on basis of a single example. What is the requirement in words? What are source and target data types?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

rkashyap wrote:It is difficult to guess the requirement and answer this question on basis of a single example. What is the requirement in words? What are source and target data types?
Seems to me that the basic requirement is to use a 24 hour clock rather than a 12 hour clock. I assume that source and target data types are string of some kind, otherwise the question of format is moot.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.