Not able to view and run job but no error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Not able to view and run job but no error

Post by mandyli »

Hi

we have some strange issue . I have created new job and able to compile and run but not it is not showing on monitor and also not showing running on Datastag Director. Nothing change on . just AIX team upgrade os level 6.1 to 7.1 and upgraded C++ compiler 12.1

Can you please help on this ?

Thanks
Man
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Not able to view and run job but no error

Post by chulett »

mandyli wrote:just AIX team upgrade os level 6.1 to 7.1 and upgraded C++ compiler 12.1
:shock:

That's one pretty big "just". Did you confirm before this went forward that your version of DataStage is certified to run on/with those?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Also, how did you determine that the job is running and completed?

Did you extract the job log via command line?

You have to start with some basic stuff to sanity test your environment.

RowGen->Peek ... then compile and run

RowGen -> Transformer -> Peek ... compile and run.

babysteps.

heck just make sure the engine is functional is a first step.

$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -lprojects

$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -domain host:port -server host(2?) -user you -password somethingsomething -lprojects

the second version will authenticate via WAS. But you want to make sure you can at least run the first.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check your DataStage roles in that project. Operator role (the default) is very limited in what it can see.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

You need to restore the previous compiler version. Please see my other posts about the compiler version mismatch. I'm sure that's your problem.

The compiler version must match exactly as detailed on the system requirement page for your exact version of Information Server / DataStage. It is not a "minimum" version or higher, as the web page would suggest. IBM confirmed that for me on a PMR when we had highly unusual problems involving Transformer stages.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Meant to ask if the job in question had a transformer in it...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers