ORA-22275: - invalid LOB locator specififed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

Hi all,

Please note, this is a similar issue to the below mentioned post.

viewtopic.php?t=155789

Am trying to read and load 2 CLOB fields, I am using LongVarchar (4000) to read and load the data, Array size is set to 1 and the columns are at the end or the Oracle connector (Target).

I am using a Update then Insert option while loading and records are getting inserted without any issues, But when a record matches the key (Update) the job fails with the below issue

-- I was able to debug and If there are nulls in the either of the CLOB fields the job aborts as above, If someone is aware of how to resolve the issue please let me know.

Note : If I use a transformer and populate the value as "NULL" (CHAR) , the job completes successfully on the update.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

To be clear - you are actually using the string "NULL" in the field? (which makes it no longer null)

If so, and both the DataStage column and the database column are set as nullable, then it sounds like you've found a bug and it needs to be reported to your service provider
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

That's correct - I am using the string 'NULL' and it finishes without any errors.

The only concern is Inserts works without any issues, It inserts Nulls in the field, It aborts only if the Update gets executed.

Thanks
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

At that point I'd be fairly sure it is some sort of bug with CLOB handling. I'd recommend calling it in to IBM.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
clmhwyfe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clmhwyfe »

Finally we were able to resolve the same.

In order to use OCI LOB locators for all LongVarchar, LongNVarchar, and LongVarBinary columns, set the CC_ORA_LOB_LOCATOR_COLUMNS environment variable to (all)

More information on https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... lumns.html