Could not locate operator definition, wrapper for "pivo

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikramg
Participant

Could not locate operator definition, wrapper for "pivo

Post by bikramg »

Hi,

We have stood up a new Engine server and one of our very first jobs using PIVOT Enterprise stage is getting the following error -

"Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "pivot"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers"

The very first error is tho "PATH Search Failure".

Based on suggestions made on other Forums I have checked the PATH and can confirm that includes the PXEngine Bin direcotry. However, based on a resolution for another operation when I checked the operator.apt file I noticed that the following two lines were missing -

pivot liborchpivotnt 1
verticalpivot liborchpivotnt 1

So being very hopeful I added those in, restarted the server. But unfortunately it couldn't bring that million dollar smile for me :( .

PS - This job is working in other environments. Also I have tried all sorts of different options suggested in previous forums for similar issue e.g. changing the PIVOT type to "Vertical" from "Horizontal" then changing back etc. Nothing made a difference. So that by LAW OF PHYSICS IS WORK DONE ZERO :roll:

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks,
Bikram
bikramg
Participant

Post by bikramg »

Bump! Anyone here! Please can I get any answer \ direction.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Support.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bikramg
Participant

Post by bikramg »

Ok Thanks. Raised with support. Lets see what they have to say.