Bulk load into Teradata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pratheeksha
Participant

Bulk load into Teradata

Post by pratheeksha »

Hi,
I have designed a job to pull the data from Oracle table and load into Teradata table.

As the source table has around 3 millions records, I have used BULK as access method in TD connector which is throwing the below error:

RDBMS code 3621: Cannot load table plan_demand_WT unless secondary indexes and join indexes are removed.

I'm able to load the data if I use immediate as access method which takes longer time for execution.

For analysis, I ran the below query and found no secondary/join index present in the work table
sel * from dbc.indices where databasename='Dev' and tablename='XX';
but there is a partitioned index present on a particular date column!!

Could anyone help me to resolve this issue? Am I getting this error because of petitioned index?
Pratheeksha
chesterkchu
Participant

Post by chesterkchu »

Have you tried to leave the four table names blank (Error 1/Error 2/Log/Work) and let DS use the default table names? I ran into several issues with entering in my own table names and they were resolved by just letting the default names be used.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I've always had success by specifying that the four tables are in a different database than that in which the target table exists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.