No ORA messages in Datastage 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

No ORA messages in Datastage 8.5

Post by stefanfrost1 »

Hi,

I have a strange problem, most likely, caused by some environment property that I do not know.

We are trying to switch from DB2 to Oracle 11g. We configured dsenv to use a Oracle Client 10 and Oracle Connector Stage variant 10 and it worked and returned ORA messages in the director log as expected. However we faced a few other issues due to the incompatibility so we installed a new Oracle Client 11 on our red hat linux server and switched the dsenv paths to match the new installation, then we changed the jobs so they used Variant 11 in the Oracle Connectors. Now we do not receive ORA messages anymore.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks

This is the dsenv entries;
#Oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=/app/oracle/ora11g/product/11.2.0/client_1
export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/../branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/../DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/../DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:`dirname $DSHOME`/../PXEngine/lib:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin/classic:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86_64:/app/IBM/db2/V9.7/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
-------------------------------------
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bi-aj
my blog on delivering business intelligence using agile principles
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

are you getting any error while connecting to database? or any other error at all? did you get anything in the logs when you reset something like "From Previous run"?

I believe you need 32 bit libraries in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (like lib32?) that too before 64bit library path if it is there.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stefanfrost1 »

We can read and insert and update data without any problems, but if we have for instance space issue in one partition, then it fails with this type of statement
SQL Failed
And just repreats the SQL-code send to DB. If we try the same using pure SQL in for instance sqlplus or toad then we get the ORA message stating that the parititon is full...
-------------------------------------
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bi-aj
my blog on delivering business intelligence using agile principles
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm going to guess you're in need of a patch - are you up to date on fix packs? It could also be an issue with your specific 11g client version but you'd need to contact your support provider to see if that is true.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers