main_program: Fatal Error: Type mismatch for field 'ACCOUNT_

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

main_program: Fatal Error: Type mismatch for field 'ACCOUNT_

Post by kollurianu »

Hi ..

I am getting below warning..

main_program: Fatal Error: Type mismatch for field 'ACCOUNT_VALUE_ID'. Fatal error.

But couldn't find type match from the table and the job.

Any thoughts on how to find out or debug it?
Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the data type in the database table.
Check the data type in your job's metadata.

If you're using a Connector stage, change the "Fail on type mismatch" property from Yes to No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

ray.wurlod wrote:Check the data type in the database table.

If you're using a Connector stage, change the "Fail on type mismatch" property from Yes to No. ...
Thnks Ray .. not sure where to set this property though .. I 've ODBC connector for Netezza lookup and target Netezza Enterprise for loading.

Actually the column in Netezza DB is as Numeric(18,0) and in the job initially it was as Numeric(18,0) and it was throwing a below warning along with the fatal error for this field

Max_ID_Lkp: Schema reconciliation detected a size mismatch for column ACCOUNT_VALUE_ID. When reading database column DECIMAL(19,0) into column DECIMAL(18,0), truncation, loss of precision or data corruption can occur.

Then changed the field to Decimal(19,0) and tried above warning was gone..
but fatal error is still there..
Changing to Decimal(19,0) is kind of wierd .. but worked..
Thanks !
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

ray.wurlod wrote:Check the data type in the database table.

If you're using a Connector stage, change the "Fail on type mismatch" property from Yes to No. ...
Thnks Ray .. not sure where to set this property though .. I 've ODBC connector for Netezza lookup and target Netezza Enterprise for loading.

Actually the column in Netezza DB is as Numeric(18,0) and in the job initially it was as Numeric(18,0) and it was throwing a below warning along with the fatal error for this field

Max_ID_Lkp: Schema reconciliation detected a size mismatch for column ACCOUNT_VALUE_ID. When reading database column DECIMAL(19,0) into column DECIMAL(18,0), truncation, loss of precision or data corruption can occur.

Then changed the field to Decimal(19,0) and tried above warning was gone..
but fatal error is still there..
Changing to Decimal(19,0) is kind of wierd .. but worked..
Thanks !