The offsets for record ID columns do not match

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

The offsets for record ID columns do not match

Post by ysrini9 »

Hi All,

We are reading data from UF records which are stored in multi record COBOL copy file.

stgCFF_Source,0: Input buffer overrun at field "stgcff_source_record_type.TRL.CFF_FILLER_22", at offset: 18

stgCFF_Source,0: Import error at record 17194799.

We would like to know how to get problem causing record else how to run the job without abort

Thanks
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I am familiar with UF fields - as in unsigned binary 32-bit (which is basically a DataStage integer). However I'm not familiar with UF records, could you give more detail?

Also - did you build your CFF definition by loading the COBOL copybook for the COBOL table? If you did not, then the first thing I would recommend is getting that copybook and loading it into the CFF stage. There should be additional links if you search for them.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

The overrun message is suspicious. It refers to a "filler" field on the input, which by Cobol standards should be all spaces.

Inspecting the indicated record in the source dataset, formatted for your input record, may help you find the problem. Other than that, very much what Andy said.

Edit: If "TRL" in the field name refers to a trailer record, and the record count in the second message means that it failed on the very last record, you can delete the trailer and should rerun successfully.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872