No input sort key information found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunnymdatastage
Premium Member
Premium Member

No input sort key information found

Post by sunnymdatastage »

How can I solve the below error.

"XFM: Error when checking operator: No input sort key information found. Keys being checked: record
( XXX: string[6];
). Input data must be sorted with the keys that are passed to key-break function calls. If input data has already been sorted, a sort stage needs to be inserted on the input link with each key specified in "Don't Sort" mode. If input data has been pre-grouped, a sort stage needs to be inserted on the input link with at least one key not in "Don't Sort" mode. "

I tried sorting the data in lookup stage and then I removed the sort keys in lookup stage. I suddenly started getting the above error. Before sorting the job was working fine. Strange!!!!
sunnym
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage expects the data to be sorted on the key used for the key-break function in your transform stage. The sort has been removed, the data is no longer appropriately sorted and DataStage is informing you of this error.

When you say that you sorted the data in a lookup stage, do you mean that you sorted the data on the incoming data stream link to the lookup stage?
sunnymdatastage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sunnymdatastage »

Yes, I was meaning that in the lookup stage previously, I had set the input and the reference links sorted on a key. That time the job ran fine.
For the next run, I removed keys from both the links and the result was the error above. Hope this is clear!!!
sunnym
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

The text of the error message itself tells you what needs to be done to resolve the error.

You do realize that it appears to be a transformer stage that is throwing the error and NOT the lookup stage (the stage name in the message is "XFM")? Here's some supporting documentation

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.