getting erroe on Decimal values update

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RK72
Participant

getting erroe on Decimal values update

Post by RK72 »

Hi ,

I am trying to update 3000 records from dataset to DB2 table.(dataset-->XFM-->odbc connector)
but I am getting the following error and job aborts.I have 12 I/p fields and I can update without any failure if I remove decimal fields.but with decimal fields, its failing
I/P field A =Decimal(18,2)
Target db2 table=decimal(18,2)
sample data when I view through dataset: 0000000000000127.00

ODBC_Connector_348,2: Failure during execution of operator logic.
ODBC_Connector_348,2: Fatal Error: APT_Decimal::assignFromString: invalid format for the source string

in one of IBM website, it was mentioned to add env variable APT_FORCE_DECIMAL_SEPERATOr , but its not availble when I browse through Jo properties/env.variable..

Thanks in advance..

Mannu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you using a function on the fields in the transformer? As to the APT_FORCE_DECIMAL_SEPERATOR variable, to see if it helps just add it manually.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RK72
Participant

Post by RK72 »

Thank you for the response

No.its just a straight move and am not applying any functions.
The variable you mentioned above is not available in the datastage 8.1(I don't see this in job properties-parameters-envirnoment variable)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As I said, you don't need to pick it from a list you can add it as a 'user defined' or custom variable, I don't recall the exact type name.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RK72
Participant

Post by RK72 »

I added this variable in administrator/Use defined and later imported to the job under job properties-->add env. variable... I set the default value to '.'

Still its failing with same error.

:(