Scenario with Switch stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Scenario with Switch stage

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi,

I have been trying a scenario using Switch stage, though this is not ideal case.
The source stage prior to switch brings in a record whose Selector column value is defined in Case with a corresponding output link. I have also set Discard value as the Selector column value set via Case above.

In this case, the record from source will be written to the output link though it is mentioned to be discarded. Does the option "Discard value" have a second priority when there is a matching Case value? Please clarify.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you have the Discard Value property selected the Information panel explains what it is doing.
Type: Integer
Specifies an integer value of the selector column, or the value to which it was mapped using Case, that causes a row to be discarded (not rejected). Note that if it was mapped then the map value must be not be a valid link label number, or -1.
Discarded, in this sense (indeed anywhere in DataStage), means dropped - not passed to any output link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.