Error writing reject file - after Oracle insert error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error writing reject file - after Oracle insert error

Post by Rob4732 »

Hello my friends.

I have a simple job(see below):

dataset stage---->oracle stage(insert only - table is empty)--reject link-->cp stage----->rej file stage(sequential). When I run the job I am violating an integrity constraint and oracle error code results. When I try and capture the reject info in a sequential reject file(job is set to abort after 5 recs reject), I get the following errors:

orcl_hdw_micro_results_fact,0: Reject record count has exceeded limit of 5 (CC_PXRejectManager::reportRejectRecord, file CC_PXRejectManager.cpp, line 91)

cp_rejects,0: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node etleng2 Interrupted system call

hdw_micro_results_fact_ins_rej,0: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node etleng2 Interrupted system call

No reject file is created.

Any help appreciated.

thx
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.
jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jerome_rajan »

I think the job is functioning as expected. The sequential file did not get created because you flagged the job to abort after 5 db rejects. If there were less than 5 rejects(in which case the job wouldn't abort), the file would get created. You may want to set the abort after rows property to 0 to capture the rejects.
However, I cannot confirm this with 100% confidence :(
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

The default behavior for an aborting job is to clean up files. You need to change a property in the sequential stage for your reject file if you want to retain it.

Mike
Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rob4732 »

You guys rock.

Both solutions work.

Thanks

Merry Christmas.
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.