DataStage 8.1 unable to connect to DB2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage 8.1 unable to connect to DB2

Post by bcarlson »

I have a DS8.1 job on development that I need to run for testing. It is retrieving data from a local DB2 database, but is unable to connect. This same job ran multiple times a few months ago, and I foudn another job that uses the same connections that ran early August. Unfortunately, I have found no recent runs.

Error Message:
CDBread: Error Idx = 1;
DB2Driver Embedded SQL message: SQL5050C The content of the database manager configuration file is not valid.;
sqlcode = -5050;
sqlstate = [db2utils.C:291]
Our local client instance on the ETL server is v9.7.0.4 and the remote instance is 9.7.6. The client instance was recently upgraded from 9.1. I know there were issues when the versions were so far apart, but I didn't think 9.7x on both sides would be an issue.

What is the config file that is referenced?

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's the database management configuration file. You'll need to discuss with DBA. It's in DB2, not in DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Thanks Ray. Sounds like the upgrade just happened yesterday, so still ironing out issues. DBAs are now engaged. May be reinstalling the upgrade.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.