schema file layout

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nani0907
Participant

schema file layout

Post by nani0907 »

Hi all,

I have a comma delimited file for which i had defined the schema file .But for one of the column i am getting comma in the value for one of the file.How should i define this property in schema file.

question 2
I wanted to know if we can mention "First Line is Column Names=FALSE/TRUE" in the schema file

Thanks in advance .
thanks n regards
nani
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I am afraid that I don't quite follow the first question, but unfortunately the schema does not contain information on whether or not the first line contains the column names, therefore there is no way to set this in a schema file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The parallel Sequential File stage is intolerant of field delimiters occurring within fields, even if they're quoted.

Best workaround is to use a server Sequential File stage within a server Shared Container in your parallel job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.