Hard coded value is not populating to sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

patelamit009
Participant

Hard coded value is not populating to sequential file

Post by patelamit009 »

Hi All,

My current job design is,

Code: Select all

DB2 Enterprise ---> Transformer ---> Sequential file
My requirement is to populate hardcoded value '&#' for the Nulls coming from the Database. The input column (say COL1) is read as char and the same is written to the file as varchar.

Hence, I have made use of Null Field Value=&# in the sequential file stage in Edit row section. However, this throws me error as below.
main_program: Syntax error: Error in "export" operator: Error in operator arg: In field "COL1": In property list: Expected "," or "}", got: "/", line 18
Encountered <eof> while seeking end of proplist
Expected ";", got: <eof>, line 31
Expected ";", got: <eof>, line 31
Error parsing schema: Expected ")", got: <eof>, line 31
Could you please advice on this ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Patel
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Patel, the answer is to specify the null value as "\&\#" so that the characters are escaped and not parsed. I found it strange, since by specifying "##" or "&&" it worked without a problem but with your "&#" I got the same error message.
Internally a schema is generated with the column having a suffix of "{null_field='&#'}" but somehow that hash, when not escaped, is being interpreted as a comment, which messes up the syntax and causes the error you saw.