Error in loading to table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepu_n55
Participant

Error in loading to table

Post by deepu_n55 »

Hi guys ,,
i get the following error when i try to load to table using ORacle Enterprise stage. If i do Upsert it will load .i am using ODBC table definition here in the OE stages.
Error when checking composite operator: Caught parsing exception during wrapDescribeOperator(): Could not find type: oratype:112

can you guys help me.thanks in advance
Regards,
Deepu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Error in loading to table

Post by chulett »

deepu_n55 wrote:i am using ODBC table definition here in the OE stages.
Don't. They're not necessarily compatible. Import the metadata using one of the Oracle mechanisms, use that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deepu_n55
Participant

Post by deepu_n55 »

I even tried to use the regular metadata for oracle . still doesnt work . may be problem with the datatype CLOB that i have for two of the fields in the Target table. if i do the upsert it works fine but takes long to load the table. any work around for this? thank you
Regards,
Deepu
npsandeep
Participant

Post by npsandeep »

There must be a problem with your schema. Check the tgt schema and table schema to which you are inserting data.

Also, make sure you have all non nullable fields populated.
deepu_n55
Participant

Post by deepu_n55 »

Thank you Sandeep . I have taken care of all the non nullable fields and checked the schema for target. Its still throwing the same error. and if i do using UPSERT it will load but its gonna take years to load this couple of millions records into the target table .any suggestions guys.? i appreciate you all.
Regards,
Deepu
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi Deepu,

If upsert is taking too long you can try this.

If you have more number of inserts than updates, use insert option to insert all rows and create a reject link for update rows and vice versa.

This design worked for me when I was using odbc enterprise stage. Hope this helps.

Aruna.
npsandeep
Participant

Post by npsandeep »

Then I dont see any reason, why its failing. Try aruna's suggestion. Thats a good tip too. also, if its ok Try doing it for few records in sandbox first before handling millions of records.
deepu_n55
Participant

Post by deepu_n55 »

Thank you Aruna and Sandeep,
I tried using ODBC stage and use Insert as aruna suggested. but i get following error msg.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Not bounded length.

anyone could help me on this .. i really appreciate .
Regards,
Deepu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Go into your job properties and add the environment variable APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION then run your job with that set to True. This will let us know the stage name generating the fatal messages...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deepu_n55
Participant

Post by deepu_n55 »

Thanks Chulett.
I did that and its the error from the ODBC enterprise stage. its giving me the same error. Do you know wht datatype and length should i put on CLOB datatypes?
thanks
Regards,
Deepu